It’s not unusual to think that eating clean means giving up some of the things you love to eat and drink. What you find out though is there are a lot of alternatives that are better for you and are just as, if not more, tasty!
One of my favorites is this Healthy Vanilla Tea Latte. In fact, I shared this with a friend who told me he and his wife like this better than the latte they used to get at Starbucks! Big plus because it’s a lot lower in calories and a lot lower in cost too 😉
Make It Yourself
What you need:
- Green or herbal tea. I use Arbonne detox tea which has a nice subtle peppermint flavor and helps support elimination organs like your liver.
- Cinnamon which is great for weight loss and adds a nice flavor to your latte.
- Turmeric which is excellent for reducing inflammation among a host of other things.
- 1/2 cup Almond milk (you can also use coconut or cashew milk)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder. I recommend Arbonne Vegan protein powder which provides 10g of plant based protein (per scoop) and tastes amazing!
First boil water and steep your hot tea. Next add 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, and 1/2 cup of Almond milk to your blender. Add the tea, sprinkle cinnamon and Turmeric and blend until it’s “frothy”. Pour into your favorite cup, sprinkle some extra cinnamon on top and enjoy!
This healthy latte is low in calories, high in protein and is great for your health. It’s a perfect way to warm up or start your day. Actually, it’s good just about anytime.
As you introduce more healthy foods into your diet you’ll be amazed how enjoyable they are. In no time you’ll find it easy to replace habits that are currently working against you with better choices that help you stay healthy.
Give this Healthy Vanilla Latte a try and let me know what you think in the comments below. If you have any other clean eating recipes you’d like to share please send them in.
To your health,