Fun Workouts / No Equipment
Who says working out has to be boring? If you want to have fun while you workout try these three fun and effective exercises that require no equipment!
The first fun no equipment workout is Hand Stands! If you haven’t done a handstand in awhile I’d recommend using a soft surface, a friend or a even a wall to find your balance point. They can be tricky to learn but once you’ve got it they are an amazing full body workout! They train your upper body to lift, balanace and stabilize. Hand stands work major muscle groups too like your core, abs, obliques, back and glutes.
Additional hand stand benefits include
- Increased concentration and focus.
- Improved balance.
- Strengthened immunity.
- Improved bowel movement.
The next fun workout that requires no equipment is the Bear Crawl. This is a dynamic exercise that provides a fantastic core workout while strengthening your shoulders and quads!
The bear crawl is like a baby crawl except you’re up on your toes. This is an outstanding exercise to do outdoors because you’ll need to cover some ground to get the most benefit.
The final fun workout is Jumping Rope. (yes I know it requires rope but that’s hardly equipment right?) If you’re a stickler you can jump rope with an imaginary rope as well. This is a classic exercise, think Rocky, that can be done anywhere.
- Improves Coordination helps you be lighter on your feet!
- Increases your strength in the muscles surrounding your ankle joint and in your foot. You Decrease your risk of ankle and foot injury!
- Burns major calories! (1300 per hour!) Ten minutes of jumping rope can roughly be considered the equivalent of running an eight-minute mile.
- Helps increase bone density!
- Actually makes you smarter!
According the Jump Rope Institute (yes it’s real I didn’t make it up) jumping aids in the development of the left and right hemispheres of your brain, which further enhances spacial awareness, improves reading skills, increases memory and makes you more mentally alert.
Three fun exercises you can do with virtually no equipment required! If you’re looking for more fun, body weight exercises check out my Fit N 14 program. Right now you can enroll for FREE!
- A New FUN Body Weight Routine every day
- A new Health Tip each day designed help take you’re health to a whole new level
- A new Healthy Recipe each day to increase nutrition and overall well being
- PLUS – FREE enrollment in my FITN14 Facebook support group with more resources, support and accountability to help you jump start your health and fitness.
To get started just visit SteveStearns365.com/FIT
See you on the inside!