Baby Boomers Want to be Fit and Healthy
Baby Boomers want to be healthy so they can stay active well into their 60s, 70s, 80s and beyond! But to do that you’ve got to stay motivated and I’ve got a fun way for you to do that.
Benefits of being a Fit Baby Boomer
Check out these benefits of being a Fit Boomer!
- less medical interventions
- less susceptible to falls
- lower risk of death
- less susceptible to depression
- slower rate of biological aging
Take on a Challenge to Stay Motivated!
My favorite challenge is the “Move for 30 Challenge” I like it because:
- it’s wide open just commit to move (exercise) for at least 30 minutes for 30 days
- this could include running, walking, hiking, swimming, dancing, resistance training, tai chi, yoga whatever…
- The main objective is to set aside 30 minutes each day for a fun / exercise activity that gets you moving.
- 30 Days is perfect because it also helps you establish a habit of daily exercise!
Tips to Exercise Safely and Reduce your Risk for Injury
If you haven’t done any exercise in awhile be sure to check with your doctor first!
- Ease into exercise. One sure way to hurt yourself is to do too much, too soon. “You want to literally warm up your muscles before you get started.” Don’t go in cold. And after your done be sure to cool down and stretch.
- Stay consistent – You will not make gains in fitness by cramming your activity into the weekend. Aim for 30 minutes of physical activity every day.
- Get the Right Equipment – You want to make sure the gear you use for your activity is in good shape and used properly. If you plan to walk get walking shoes, make sure you’ve got a helmet for bike riding etc…
- Listen to Your Body – Pay attention to the messages your body is sending you.
How to make your 30 day Challenge a Success!
- Commit to it!
- Find a buddy Doing these challenges with someone–even just checking in via text–is super helpful in staying accountable.
- Write it down Record your time, number of reps, etc in a note or a calendar so you can see your improvements every day.
- Remind yourself Set a timer on your phone and commit to stopping what you’re doing and going to get your challenge done.
- Have fun – Remember it’s not a race…enjoy yourself and you’ll be more likely to stick with it!
Want to do a 30 Day Challenge with Me? I’m offering you FREE access to my private Facebook Group Pure Health 365. In the group you’ll find:
- An active community of people like you who want to get fit and healthy
- Video resources
- and….when I ever I do a 30 day challenge I alert the group so we can all do it together!
Join the community for FREE at Facebook.com/groups/PureHealth365