Eat Healthy as a Baby Boomer
If you’re a Baby Boomer and you want to “Keep Boomin'” for years to come what should you be eating now to ensure you stay healthy and active? Do Baby Boomers have specific nutrition requirements? In today’s video I share three important nutrients baby boomers need to stay strong, active and healthy!
If you’re a Baby Boomer and you need to ensure you’re getting the right kind of nutrition so you can keep booming for years to come! Let’s look at some important nutrients you should be including in your diet.
- Protein needs don’t change as we age.
- However, as we age we naturally begin to lose muscle mass and strength (aka Sarcopenia which results from poor diet and lack of exercise)
- Getting enough protein may help preserve muscle and bone mass.
- For Baby Boomers it’s recommended to get .45 to .50 grams of protein per pound of body weight.
- Look for lean sources of protein fish, eggs, lentils and other plant sources are best.
- After age 50 we need more fiber
- Diets rich in fiber help prevent several age-related chronic diseases including heart disease and type 2 diabetes
- Constipation is a common problem among older adults getting enough fiber, staying properly hydrated and exercising can help alleviate this issue.
- Baby boomers (both men and women) need additional calcium to keep bones strong!
- Women should increase from 1000 to 1200 mg per day by age 50 and men should do the same by age 70
- Why so much calcium? Well one reason is to prevent Osteoporosis (a condition where bones become weak and brittle).
- A Diet rich in calcium and vitamin D along with weight bearing exercises can help prevent Osteoporosis and keep your bones strong.
So there you have it 3 important nutrients Baby Boomers need to stay healthy. While these three don’t cover you completely they are a great start.
And if you want to feel better than you have in years, increase your nutrient intake and identify foods that may be working against you…I can help! I have a 30 day program designed by doctors, nutritionist and dietitians that is simple, effective and super easy.
You’ll discover what to eat, when to eat it, what to buy at the store and how to design a super easy, super healthy lifestyle to keep you boomin’ in great shape!
My friend Keith said it was liking finding the fountain of youth and I agree! I’m closing in on 60 and I feel like I did when I was in my 20s!
To find out more just visit SteveStearns365.com/30
References and Resources
Music: As Leaves
FREE RESOURCE https://SteveStearns365.com/30
About Me: I help men and women over 50 look and feel their best naturally. By making small changes that have a big impact I help you create a lifestyle you’ll love. I publish a new video every week. So be sure to subscribe at https://Youtube.com/StevenStearns and don’t forget to click the notification bell so you’re the first to know when a new video is released!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Pure Health 365 has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but makes no warranty as to its accuracy. Always consult a doctor or other healthcare professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions or before starting any diet or exercise program.